1. You know that no other mascot comes close to Aubie.
– Aubie is considered the most decorated mascot of all time. Aubie has won more National Championships than any other mascot. He also wears some pretty incredible outfits.
2. You know that you can always get your Momma’s Love, even though you’re far away from home.
– No, not your real mama’s love. Momma Goldbergs. Momma Goldbergs is a true Auburn original. While there might be franchises all over the country today, Auburn fans know that Momma G herself will always scream “War Eagle!”
3. You now know how to navigate through The Haley Center like a champ.
– It might have taken a few years to understand what in the world a quadrant was, but you eventually figured it out. (Even if that does mean NEVER straying to your one tried and true route to get to your classroom)
4. We know how to win…. In unbelievable fashions
Punt Bama Punt – 17-16
BO Over the Top
The Cam Back – 2010 Iron Bowl, 28-27
The Miracle in Jordan Hare – The Old South’s Oldest Rivalry
Are we forgetting one? Hold on a sec…..
The Kick Six – 2013 Iron Bowl
5. You know the difference between a mascot and a battle cry.
– No, we are not the “Auburn Eagles” and no, we never say “GEAUX Tigers!” – who are we, LSU?
6. You know what it takes to make a hard-earned “A”.
– Former Duke Professor and creator of GradeInflation.com, Stuart Rojstaczer, created a list of the the hardest schools to get an A – Auburn was ranked among the nation’s toughest colleges to get an ‘A,’ coming in at #5.
7. You know how to tailgate.
– Auburn is ranked year after year as one of the top 25 college football tailgating schools in the country. Our tailgates are more over the top than most people’s Thanksgiving dinners.
8. You know fast…. Auburn Fast
-Our head football coach, Coach Malzahn, has completely revolutionized the hurry-up no huddle offense. Trust us, if you blink you might just miss another first down, just ask Nick Saban.
9. You know what it means to be a part of a family.
– The Auburn Family
10. You believe in work, hard work.
– Just ask some of our Alumni: Tim Cook, Octavia Spencer, and various Auburn astronauts, just to name a few.
11. You know that Auburn traditions never die.
– Rolling Toomer’s Corner
12. You know that Auburn traditions are often imitated – NEVER duplicated.
-Auburn’s “Tiger Walk” is considered the most copied tradition in all of College sports.
13. You know that entering Jordan Hare Stadium on gameday is sacred – so we wear our Sunday best.
– It’s not uncommon to see ladies in dresses, and guys wearing bow ties on gameday.
14. You know athleticism when you see it.
Pat Sullivan – Heisman Trophy Winner
The Legend: Bo Jackson – Heisman Trophy Winner, Named Greatest Athlete of All Time’ by ESPN
Charles Barkley – Considered one of the best basketball players of all time
Cam Newton – Heisman Trophy Winner, first overall pick in 2011 NFL Draft
Frank Thomas – The Big Hurt
Auburn Olympians – At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, Auburn swimmers combined to capture 13 medals, more than doubling the former Auburn record of six medals in single Games. The 13 medals also gave Auburn the most among all colleges and universities during the swimming porting of the Beijing Olympics.
15. You know what it takes to beat Alabama….
Let’s be social. Like us on Facebook. Click the link below
Au Bookstore Facebook Page
Share this article with friends on Facebook or Twitter. Click the share buttons below. War Eagle!